May 25, 2008

The Classics Challenge


Trish has started the Classics Challenge sign up. The Challenge runs from July - December and there are several challenge/reading options but I think I will stick to the first option which is to read 5 classics in the time period plus a bonus sixth book which can be chosen from the selection of "should be" classics on the challenge site.


My 6 options (at the moment!) are:


1. The Waves - Virginia Woolf


2. Howards End - E.M. Forster


3. For Love Alone - Christina Stead


4. Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte


5. Bleak House - Charles Dickens


6. Small Island - Andrea Levy

5 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Wuthering Heights is one of my favorites--I hope you enjoy it!! Glad you'll be joining us in the challenge--have fun!

Karen said...

Hi Trish - glad to hear you have really enjoyed Wuthering Heights. It has been one I have tried a few times in the past (quite a few years ago) and I have just never seemed able to finish it. Hopefully this will be the time!

Nise' said...

It took me a couple of times to read WH and now I love it. Enjoyed the 92 movie version.

Karen said...

Thanks Nise - It's good to hear that people have made it through WH - I'm going to make it through this time!

Anonymous said...

Stunning quest there. What happened after?
Good luck!

Feel free to visit my weblog ... MEDAL OF HONOR WARFIGHTER esp