June 20, 2009

Rumours - Anna Godbersen


I couldn't help myself - as soon as I finished The Luxe by Anna Godbersen I had to go out and get the sequel - Rumours. Another gorgeously tantalising cover - and it promised to answer some of the questions left hanging over at the end of The Luxe - how could I resist really?

This author has me so hooked that even when Rumours started off a little disappointingly I still kept reading on - and I was glad that I did. Rumours doesn't quite have the pizazz that The Luxe delivered - the premise and the characters weren't as new and interesting anymore - but I was still enjoying the ride.

Needless to say I am going to keep reading this series - the books aren't going to win any Pulitzer prizes but they sure are entertaining me so that's all I can ask for. I would call it a guilty pleasure but the fact is, I don't feel at all guilty - I'm loving it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am wondering if an eleven year old girl would like these? If so I might have to get them for my little sister... what do you think?

Karen said...

Hi savidgereads - I am thinking these books might be a little too old for an 11 year old. They do contain some alluded to sex scenes and the later books become a little more full on in their descriptions of these. She might need to wait a few years I think!

Bookalicious Ramblings said...

Haha, I agree completely with the last line - I feel like I'm supposed to feel guilty rating these books 5/5, but I just can't help it since they're so engrossing and I don't feel guilty at all! I've only read the first two so far and the third one is already sitting on my shelf, calling for me, yay!
ps: Lovely blog btw!