July 09, 2008

Lost in a Good Book - Jasper Fforde


I am really loving this series! Lost in a Good Book is the second book in the "Thursday Next" detective/science fiction/fantasy series by Jasper Fforde. As I said in the earlier post about the first book in the series, The Eyre Affair, these are not usually the types of books I enjoy but I am just flying through these ones at the moment at the expense of my other reading plans!

Lost in a Good Book continues to tell the Thursday Next story but I feel this book probably gets a little more personal in terms of the events that are taking place in her life - the character is expanding as is the plot to the series. I love the literary references throughout the novel and I particularly liked the references to Sense and Sensibility made in the later stages of the book when Thursday "travels" into the novel and has a very pleasant encounter with Marianne Dashwood.

Maybe that's why I'm loving these books so much - I am wishing I was Thursday Next!

No comments: