Kim over at Sophisticated Dorkiness has emailed me five questions so that I can play along...
1. What is your favorite setting from a book (fiction or nonfiction)? Why?
It would have to be any setting in an English village in a Jane Austen novel. It is quite strange actually as I grew up in a regional country area in Australia and I hated it but I just love all of the descriptions of these settings in Jane Austen's work.
2. When you're not reading or blogging, what is a favorite hobby?
This is a hard one as I don't see myself as a "hobby" person except for my reading. Is it bad to say shopping?? I did enjoy photography once but I haven't really got into that in a long time.
3. On a long plane/train/car ride, what kinds of books do you like to read?
Definitely something light and character driven - the Alexander McCall Smith books that I am reading now would be perfect. I also really like to take audio books with me for longer trips.
4. What book has influenced your perspective on an important political or social issue?
The book Fast Food Nation definitely made me think about the food choices I was making. I have also just picked up the new Peter Singer book - The Life You Can Save: Acting Now To End World Poverty which I expect will have a big impact when I read it.
5. If you could only read one genre of books for the rest of your life, what genre would you pick and why?
I know this is being a bit broad and non-specific but I will have to say literary fiction - I don't want to cut off my options!
Do you want to play along? Leave me a comment to this post that says “Interview Me” with contact information, and I’ll send you a list of five questions to answer on your blog.