A big thank you to JoAnn for passing on the Honest Scrap Award/Exercise - it made me do some thinking!
For this award you are meant to list 10 honest things about yourself (the items that I have listed are all bookish in nature) and then pass it on to 10 other bloggers to do the same. Instead of passing on to specific bloggers I am going to ask anyone who is interested to play along - I really enjoy reading these kinds of posts!
My 10 honest things are:
1. I prefer to read books by female authors – not sure if this is the Feminist in me coming out but I do seek out books by female authors and generally prefer reading them.
2. I turn the corners down on the pages of a lot of the books I read – a bad habit I know!
3. I have tried and tried to read “The Hobbit” but I just can’t stand it!
4. I once had to read a Mills and Boon book for a University English course on romantic literature – I found it quite fun!
5. I used to detest reading Jane Austen – now I can’t imagine my life without her.
6. When I was in primary school I used to go to the local library with one of my friends and we would read the “naughty” bits from the Judy Blume books before we really understood why they were naughty!
7. I write little messages in books I give to people as presents.
8. I believe that the “Twilight” book promotes an unhealthy self image for adolescent girls and young women.
9. I can’t read when travelling on any type of transport without feeling sick – very annoying!
10. I know there are way too many good books and I will never have enough time to get to them all…