January 22, 2012

Getting My Mojo Back...


The first month of 2012 is already nearing its end - I'm not really sure how that happened!! Unfortunately I am still struggling to get my reading and blogging groove back - and I hate that feeling!
I decided that a clear "To Do List" might be the way to go - I've always responded well to structure and organisation in the past... So here it goes, my Blogging To Do List

1. Add the rest of my 2011 reads to the side bar (I may have to forgo reviews for these in the interests of moving on...)
2. Do a quick review post of my favourite 2011 reads
3. Start reviewing my 2012 reads - there is only 1 so far but hopefully that number will grow
4. Make time to read my favourite blogs and make comments
5. Get back into my "Week That Was" posts
6. Complete my "Unravelling The Year Ahead" worksheet courtesy of Susannah
7. Clean up my TBR pile - this is an ongoing work in progress!

I would be more than happy to hear from any of you about other rituals/tasks etc... you have engaged in as the year new has come around to get into your reading and blogging year.

5 comments:

Jillian said...

I would suggest moving on from the 2011 to-write-a-review list. It does kind of hold you back, at least for me, that's how it feels like. If you start a fresh new 2012 list, you would feel more excited to actually fill it up with reviews!

Jim at 366books said...

Well, 2012 is my first year of bookblogging, so I just want to make sure I keep going! I’ve given my blog a structure that means I have to post every day - I just hope I keep it up! and manage to do some longer reviews than I'm currently doing. Good luck on finding your missing mojo!

Tamara said...

Hi Karen, I kind of agree with Jillian - forgive yourself for the break you've had and start 2012 fresh... there are other things that you've been focusing on which are just as, if not as important, as blogging... of course reading is one of your great loves of life - so keep it up where you can :) I too am wondering if/when I might get to do my 2011 wrap up, so I like your to do list. All the best finding that MoJo and getting into the swing again (even if it's not at the pace you'd like it to be).

Karen said...

Hi Jillian - I really like your suggestion but the obsessive compulsive part of me just has to "tidy things up"!!

Hi Jim - welcome to the world of book blogging!

Hi T - Thanks so much for your advice. My reading has really suffered of late and it is something that I don't feel comfortable with at all - I don't feel like me if I am not reading!!

Anonymous said...

Pretty seсtiοn of cοntent. Ӏ just stumbled upon your web site and
in accessiοn caρitаl to asseгt that
I gеt in fасt enjоyеd account your blog posts.
Any way I'll be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently fast.
Here is my blog post ... tips on how to keep a man