August 14, 2008

New Purchases


So, I went to Sydney for work today and as predicted (by myself!) I visited some bookshops and made some purchases.

I actually didn't have a lot of time to browse today or the damage done could have been a lot worse!

I ended up buying:

1. No Angel - Penny Vincenzi; I have seen her books before but thought they always looked a bit light and fluffy - not that there's anything wrong with that - just not usually my cup of tea. But based on Danielle's excellent recommendation I'm going to give this one a go. I already started it on the train on the way home and it's one of the first times I can remember wanting a train journey to take longer! A good sign of things to come.

2. My other purchase was Selected Stories - Alice Munro; this is a book I have listed to read for the New Classics Challange and my local library does not seem to carry a copy so I think the purchase was well justified. Besides, from all I have heard of Alice Munro I am thinking I will want to have a copy of this one for myself.

5 comments:

Jill said...

I always end up visiting bookshops when on business trips! Let me know how you like Alice Munro, I might consider adding her to my New Classics Challenge list...

Karen said...

Hi Jill - you must be as addicted to bookshops as me I would say! I will definitely let you know about Alice Munro...

Danielle said...

I hope you like the Penny Vincenzi--there are three books and I found them all totally absorbing and plan on rereading them sometime!! I prefer her historica fiction (like these) over her contemporary novels.

Karen said...

Hi Danielle - I'm absolutely loving No Angel. I've been getting up early to read some before going to work each day this week! I've almost finished.

Muhammad Syahrul said...

Sharing nih Obat luka usus only Obat tbc paru focus Obat Keloid di dada course Obat penghilang gatal pada kulit almost Obat telinga berdengung dan terasa gatal beginning Obat batuk disertai sesak nafas will Obat benjolan di siku tangan they Obat abses kulit believe Obat keloid di payudara kanan dan kiri funny Obat sistitis Thank you so much...