January 02, 2009

The Classics Challenge - Not Quite Achieved!

I was really excited and eager to join in the 2008 Classics Challenge hosted by Trish but unfortunately I did not complete the challenge by the end of December 2008.
I did manage to read Wuthering Heights and A Room With A View as well as a future or "should be" classic - Small Island.
I think the time of the year didn't help me - I found I really struggled to read classic novels during the second half of the year when life was a little crazy and hectic - I found myself reaching for "easier", less taxing reads to get me through! So, I would really like to join in this challenge again if it is going to be held again in 2009 - there are many books in this classification I am still very keen to read - just when the time is right!

2 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Yup, I'll be hosting again. December is an awful month for me, so I'm thinking of moving the challenge up to the middle of the year. And it's all about fun--don't worry about not finishing. :)

Karen said...

Hi Trish - thanks so much for your support! I was enjoying the challenge but I think the middle of the year would work much better for me for this challenge too.