January 07, 2009

Pondering 2008 Meme

I saw this meme over at Jen's blog and thought I would give it a go...

What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Blogging!

Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I tend not to make new year's resolutions - it only ends badly! I try to concentrate more on my goals for the year (not sure what difference the different terms make but I seem to like it!).

Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! 1 new niece and 2 new nephews; Evie, Edward and Isaac all born in 2008.

Did anyone close to you die?
No, thankfully.

What places did you visit?
Not too much travel in 2008 but did manage trips to the South Coast of NSW (Kiama - simply beautiful), Melbourne and Sydney.

What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
International travel - which will happen in September 2009 with our trip to England and Ireland.

What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory?
13th January - my 7 year anniversary with my boy - and no itch in sight!

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I think finally getting some clarity in regards to my professional life - very satisfying to know where I would like to head at last.

What was your biggest failure?
I don't think there were any major failings - although still not having finished the scrapbook for my beautiful little man, Sammy is one regret. It was supposed to be a present for his 1st Birthday and he has now just turned 3!!

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing major at all thankfully.

What was the best thing you bought?
Books, books and more books! Oh, and the perfect bra!

Whose behaviour merited celebration?
All of us!

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
No one comes to mind...

Where did most of your money go?
Books, food and the (very) occasional pair of shoes

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Planning my next overseas trip and my Birthday trip in December. Having dinner at the top of Sydney Tower was also pretty exciting.

What song(s) will always remind you of 2008?
Black and Gold by some guy whose name I can't remember - my partner absolutely hates the song but I love it!

Compared to this time last year, are you:Happier or sadder? Happier Thinner or fatter? I have no idea and for possibly the first time in my life - don't care!Richer or poorer? Richer I hope!

What do you wish you’d done more of?
Travelling and reading - can't get enough of either.

What do you wish you’d done less of?
Working.

What was the best book you read?
The Book Thief

What did you want and get?
Varying experiences.

What did you want and not get?
My own private jet.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More travel and holidays by the sea.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Ballet flats

What kept you sane?
My boy and my cat.

What political issue stirred you the most?
Sorry Day in Australia and the election of Obama in the US.

Who did you miss?
My pop.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008
You know what is best for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great meme! I think I'm going to have to have a go at it as well.
I don't think I will ever forget where I was, how I felt,and the emotion that was in the air the day Kevin Rudd's apologised to the Stolen Generations, I guess you might say it was my Whitlam moment...

How exciting overseas travel! Oh and Black & Gold was by Sam Sparro, it does get stuck in your head doesn't it!

Karen said...

Hi antipodeanowl - it is a great meme isn't it? Really made me think about the year just gone - it was too bad now that I have reflected!
The day of Kevin Rudd's (and hence the Australian people's) apology was simply amazing - made my crush on him increase just that much more!
Thanks for letting me know the name of the guy that sung that song too!